Crispy Tofu & Aubergine 🍆 in a Sticky Soy, Miso, ‘Honey’, Garlic & Ginger Glaze! With a tiny kick of contemporary🌶 too!
➡️ SWIPE ➡️ to see how laborious I attempted to take a ~fancy~ picture!
* takes round 30 minutes to make and feeds 2-3
1. Wash some rice and set it to cook dinner within the background to your traditional methodology / simply pray it comes out good and fluffy if you happen to’re rice-challenged 😂
2. Squeeze all the water out of your tofu (I used a full packet of tofooco) chop it into chunks and coat these items in cornflour with a sprinkling salt and pepper. Put aside.
3. Reduce 1 🍆 into massive chunks and add this to an oiled tray with the tofu cubes.
4. Pop this tray right into a preheated oven at 180 levels to bake, checking each 10 minutes till the tofu is crispy and golden and the aubergine is delicate and beginning to brown barely.
5. Whereas that’s within the oven, grate a bit of contemporary ginger, mince Four garlic cloves, and add these to a bowl with 2 tbsp of agave/ theveganhoney, 2 tsp natural miso (I used yutakaeats) and three tbsp of sunshine soy sauce. Combine totally and alter the substances to style! You’ll be able to add a tiny splash of sesame oil to the combination if you happen to like too!
6. When your tofu & aubergine are cooked, add these to the sticky miso combination and coat evenly. Serve up on high of your rice with some sesame seeds, spring onions, contemporary chilli and any greens of your alternative! I picked up these Mange Tout on yellow label for 26p however I believe this could go very properly with Tenderstem Broccoli too!
7. EAT IT ALLLLLL UP! Pausing to take pictures is optionally available 😆