🧀 🥦 Cheezy Broccoli Bakes 🥦 🧀 for the primary ever beardedveganchef night time! I LOVE THIS TAG!!!
1. Parboil or steam some broccoli till it goes that attractive shiny inexperienced color! **You don’t want this to go smooth**A bit of little bit of crunch goes a good distance. Put aside.
2. MAKE A ROUX! – Heat a heaped tbsp of vegan butter over a low warmth. I used flora however this doesn’t imply I’ve forgiven them for fucking with Buttery 😒
As soon as the butter has melted, take away from the warmth briefly and add some plain flour (or cornflour!) to the butter till it’s not a liquid. Then pour in soy milk, return to the hob and whisk over a medium warmth. At this level I sprinkle in 1 tsp of vegetable inventory powder, cracked black pepper, a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of garlic powder. Maintain stirring over the warmth, including in further mylk / flour till you attain the specified consistency.
3. Add in 1/Four block of any vegan cheeze, finely grated. I used the brand new one from Lidl! NOW JUST KEEP STIRRING WITH THE WHISK till it’s very clean & SUPER THICC then add the 🥦 If it’s runny it is going to simply slide proper out of your pastry.
4. As soon as the combination has fully cooled, lower pre rolled puff pastry (straight from the fridge!) into any form you want, full with the 🧀 &🥦 combination after which ‘egg wash’ the pastry with mylk & oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper and sliced pink onion.
5. Pop them within the fridge whereas the oven preheats, (or in a single day like I did!) after which bake for 10 minutes minimal on 180 levels, or simply wing it till they’re a pleasant golden brown!
🌟 You may freeze these earlier than cooking too should you like, after which simply bang them out like a fancy Greggs everytime you fancy!